Daphna Russell, of Cedaredge, Colo., will have Bison Monolith, a bronze statue, on display in the 2022 Bemidji Sculpture Walk.
By Pioneer Staff Report
March 03, 2022 08:10 AM
BEMIDJI— Ten sculptures have been chosen for display in the 2022 Bemidji Sculpture Walk competition. The winning sculptures will be exhibited at various locations downtown and in the Bemidji area beginning in late May.
This year’s winners, chosen from a record 44 entries, include artwork made from brass, bronze, handlebars, white pine, recycled materials, sheet metal and stainless steel. This marks the 23rd year of the Bemidji Sculpture Walk competition.
Tim Nelsen, Bemidji, will feature Riverdale, made of recycled materials, in the 2022 Bemidji Sculpture Walk along with another sculpture titled King Norway.
• Paul Albright, Akeley, Minn.; Title: Hidden Treasurer, white pine.
• Dale Compton, Kasota, Minn.; Title: Learning to Fly, reclaimed and sheet metal, steel bars.
• Kimber Fiebiger, Minneapolis, Minn., two sculptures; Title: Caviar, bronze; Title: Woman in the Wind, bronze.
• Tim Nelsen, Bemidji, two sculptures; Title: King Norway, recycled materials; Title: Riverdale, recycled materials.
• James and Ryan Pedersen, North Mankato, Minn., two sculptures; Title: Meandering Connections, steel, stainless steel and brass; Title: Nautilus, welded and painted handlebars.
• Daphna Russell, Cedaredge, Colo.; Title: Bison Monolith, bronze.
• Craig Snyder, Plymouth, Minn.; Title: Sweet Pops of Brilliance, patinated steel.
The Bemidji Sculpture Walk is a nonprofit organization foundedin 1999 that seeks, selects, acquires (on loan), displays and maintains sculptures in Bemidji in the interest of public arts and cultural promotion and in support of local businesses. Its activities are made possible by the voters of Minnesota, through grants from the Region 2 Arts Council, thanks to a state legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Kimber Fiebiger of Minneapolis will feature Caviar, a bronze statue, in the 2022 Bemidji Sculpture Walk along with another sculpture titled Woman in the Wind.
Craig Snyder, Plymouth, Minn., will have Sweet Pops of Brilliance, made of patinated steel, on display in the 2022 Bemidji Sculpture Walk.